Applications are open for students who wish to apply for the 2022 University of Ghana Postgraduate Scholarships. The TDR Postgraduate Scholarship is currently open at the University of Ghana for the 2022-2023 academic year. The 2023 TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research is available for students studying postgraduate-level programs at the University. This Postgraduate Scholarship program aims to help to recognize and reward academic excellence. This scholarship is one of its kind as it covers a lot of academic benefits for its applicants. Below are details on the UG Postgraduate Scholarship.
University Of Ghana Postgraduate Scholarships 2022/2023
University of Ghana / TDR 2022/2023 postgraduate scholarships. The program is being funded by TDR, The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Development Program (UNDP), World Bank, and The World Health Organization (WHO) for research and training in tropical diseases such as malaria, tuberculosis, HIV, and COVID-19.
The University of Ghana has several research institutions and centres for the purpose of these program amongst which are Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), The Centre for Tropical Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics (CTCPT), Institute for Statistical, Social, and Economic Research (ISSER), etc.
University of Ghana / TDR 2022 – 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships are open and available for candidates from the low and middle-income countries of the WHO African Region, hence The Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health – a public health training institute of the University of Ghana invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate program with a focus on implementation research for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
- Host University: University of Ghana
- Host Country: Ghana
- Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
- Closing Date: September 9, 2022
University Of Ghana Postgraduate Scholarships Benefits
Selected applicants will enjoy the following benefits
- To begin with, one round-trip economy airfare between the student’s home country and Accra, Ghana;
- Secondly, tuition and academic fees;
- Thirdly, basic medical and accident insurance;
- Also, a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living costs; and
- Last but not least, support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
- Interested students should meet the requirements below:
- Firstly, applicants should be residents and nationals of a low- or middle-income country
- Secondly, applicants should not be more than 35 years old at the time of application;
- Thirdly, applicants should meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students
- Also, applicants should be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty
- Furthermore, applicants should be proficient in the English Language
- Moreover, applicants should submit evidence of their ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before the commencement of the program
- Lastly, applicants should consent to meet health requirements in line with the regulations of the
- Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
Read Also: GNPC Scholarship Application 2022/2023
How To Apply For University Of Ghana Post Graduate Scholarships
- Interested applicants should follow the steps below to submit their applications:
- First and foremost, applicants should click on this link https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes, to read more about the application process.
- Afterward, they should click on ” Apply Now (postgraduate) to begin the application process.
- Secondly, applicants should select the appropriate option. Thus, whether they are Ghanaian Applicants or International Applicants. Then, they should create an account and select a program ( either Master of Public Health or MSc. Applied Health Social Science).
- Click on the link to complete the application process. Kindly follow and submit the required documents. https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr