NTC Portal. The Ghana Teachers Licensure Examination (GTLE) was introduced by the National Teaching Council (NTC) to help qualified teachers to acquire a professional license and prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards.
Eligibility for Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE)
You must meet one or more of the following requirements in other to be able to take part in the Ghana teacher licensure examination.
- Candidate must hold a diploma, bachelors, or masters in an education-related programme. (Eg. Diploma in Basic Education, Bachelor of Education – B.Ed, Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Master of Ed
- Candidate must have completed their studies in 2023 or earlier before qualifying to write the NTC Examination at a Centre of their choice.
- Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
Read Also: NTC GTLE Registration
Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) Subjects
Candidates participating in the GTLE examination shall be tested in three (3) subjects areas. These subjects will help teachers maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills, and experiences as they work after any initial training.
- ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
Features of the NTC portal
The National Teaching Council portal has been developed to provide extensive resources and functionalities to users. Teachers can perform almost every NTC/GTLE activity online using the NTC portal without the need of visiting the office. Some of these activities include the following;
- Register for Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE)
- Check your licensure status and teacher details
- Access the NTC Continuous Professional Development (CPD) resources
How to login to NTC Portal
You can log in to your National Teacher Council (NTC) portal account and access your dashboard with the following guidelines;
- Visit the NTC teachers portal via www.tpg.ntc.gov.gh (New teachers should create an account)
- Select the Service you want to access (Eg. Teacher Login, CPD Facilitator Login, Student Login, District director login, Portfolio assessor login, Station login, etc.)
- Enter your Email address or phone and password
- Click on the login button
- Wait for the system to authenticate and redirect you to the dashboard
- Congratulations, you should be logged in.
How to Register for the NTC Teachers Portal – Create an Account
You can access the NTC registration portal to create your National Teaching Council account online using the following guidelines;
- Visit the NTC Registration Portal
- Click on the type of account you want to register for (Eg. Teacher Signup, CPD Facilitator Signup, Organization Signup)
- Fill out the required form fields (Requirements for In-service teachers)
- Click on the Send Registration Link button to complete the registration
- Log into your email and click on the confirmation link to complete the process
- Congratulations, your account has been created. You can now visit the login page to sign in
NTC registration requirements for GES In-Service Teachers
All teachers employed with the GES will be required to provide the following information for registration;
- SSNIT number
- Staff ID
- An active email address
- Scanned passport picture for upload (optional).
- Scanned evidence of professional training –Teacher Cert A, Diploma, PGDE, B.Ed, M.Ed, MPhil, PhD (as PDF, PNG or JPEG).
- Scanned first appointment letter (as PDF, PNG or JPEG)
Read Also: Newly Recruited GES Teachers Staff ID 2023
NTC Contact Details
You can reach the National Teaching Council (NTC) officers at the following contact information;
- Lawrence Sarpong – Email: [email protected], Phone: 0209000001
- Derrick Adjei – Email: [email protected].gh, Phone: 0209141903