Explore the College of Education – CoE Admission Portal and submit your application for 2023/2024 academic year. You are also adviced to check the admission requirements before you proceed with the purchase of the CoE admission form since admissions are very competitive.
Colleges of Education Admission requirements – 2023/2024 Academic year
The general admissions requirements for the College of Education Bachelor of Education (B.ED) are as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (Al-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants: Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better. Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including the English Language. Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the Advanced General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Applicants: Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better), and have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects, including English Language. Mathematics, and a Science subject for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students)
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants: Possess Certificate Il in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorized awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate Il in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX certificate il in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate Il qualification in Competency-Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET
- Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
NOTE: Candidates who are yet to write either their 2023 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
- Admission Requirements For Foreign Qualifications: All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana. It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Campuses For Special Needs Applicants
- Visually Impaired
Study campuses are available at:
- J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Wesley College of Education, KUMASI
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
- Hearing Impaired
Study facilities are available at:
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
College of Education Entry Requirements For Special Needs Applicants
- Visually Impaired:
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have. Credit Passes (A1-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects, including English Language and Social Studies, and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants with SSSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Two (2) CORE subjects, including.
- English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Hearing Impaired:
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit (A1-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects. including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
Colleges Of Education Courses
The teacher training colleges in Ghana offer admissions to applicants to pursue the following academic programmes;
- B. Ed. Home Economics
B. Ed. Mathematics/Science
B. Ed. French
B. Ed. English & Arabic
B. Ed. French & Ghanaian Language
B. Ed. ICT & Science
B. Ed. ICT & Mathematics
B. Ed. RME & Music
B. Ed. Early Childhood Development
B. Ed. Primary Education
B. Ed. RME & History
B. Ed. English & Ghanaian Language
B. Ed. Geography & History
B. Ed. Physical Education & Science
B. Ed. Visual Arts
B. Ed. French & English
B. Ed. Agriculture Science
B. Ed. Technical/Vocational
Cost Of College Of Education Admission Forms 2023/2024
Applicants can purchase the College of Education – CoE admission form from all branches of Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd. (CBG) or Ghana Commercial Bank at a fee of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC 200.00) GHS 200.00
How To Buy College Of Education Form Using Mobile Money (MOMO)
- You can as make payment through mobile money on the following networks: AirtelTigo Cash, Vodafone cash, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing the shortcode *924*8# from all networks.
- After payment, you will be given the following information: A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- Then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow the specific stated there to fill out the online application form.
- You would then have to select three Colleges of your choice for your program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Kindly note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, you will then have to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of you chose in step 5.
- You will then receive an SMS (text message) confirming your application, So make sure you provided the correct phone numbers when filling out the online application form.
- You will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS when your application is processed. As such if you do not receive such notifications then it means that your application was unsuccessful.
How to apply for College of Education admission
- Access the CoE admission portal via www.admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Click on the Apply Now button to begin your application process
- Select your registration type (Normal, Awaiting)
- Enter your voucher PIN and Serial Number
- Click on the Login button and wait to be redirected to the application page
- Fill out the Application form and supply all required details, as well as attach a passport picture. ( passport picture format should be a JPG or JPEG and size must not exceed 40KB in size).
- Click the Preview button to do any of the following:
- Click the Edit button to modify your application.
- Click the Save and Continue later button to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
- Click Submit and Print Confirmation to complete your online application.
- After clicking on Submit and Print Confirmation, click the Print Form button to print Confirmation Page.
- Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Number shown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
- Click on Close to go back to the login page.
- Each Applicant is required to print two copies of each of his/her confirmation pages and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so means the application won’t be processed
- Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelope.
Note The Following When Applying For Colleges Of Education Admissions
- Applicants are advised to read and ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or forged documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NOTE: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated with public universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliated university.
Closing Date For College OF Education Admissions 2023/2024
The deadline for application to Colleges of Education for the 2023/2024 academic year, which was scheduled for close of business on July 31, 2023, has been extended to October 31, 2023