Here is a list of What You Should Know About Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana. The are over 46 public and private teacher training colleges in Ghana which are now called colleges of Education. These colleges do not award certificates to students directly but through an affiliated autonomous university. These universities are in charge of setting exams for students at the end of every semester. In this post, we will look at some frequently asked questions about teacher training colleges in Ghana.
Teacher Training Colleges Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does College of Education accept D7?
Students with grade D7 will no longer be offered admission in colleges of education.
2. How many government training colleges are there in Ghana?
3. How long is teacher training in Ghana?
The duration for teacher training is 4 years for a degree in basic education. Formally it was 3 years for a diploma is basic education.
4. How do I apply for teacher training college in Ghana?
5. What is the price of College of Education forms?
The cost of Colleges of Education admission forms is GH¢200.00
6. What are the courses offered in College of Education Ghana?
- B. Ed. Home Economics
- B. Ed. Mathematics/Science
- B. Ed. French
- B. Ed. English & Arabic
- B. Ed. French & Ghanaian Language
- B. Ed. ICT & Science
- B. Ed. ICT & Mathematics
- B. Ed. RME & Music
- B. Ed. Early Childhood Development
- B. Ed. Primary Education
- B. Ed. RME & History
- B. Ed. English & Ghanaian Language
- B. Ed. Geography & History
- B. Ed. Physical Education & Science
- B. Ed. Visual Arts
- B. Ed. French & English
- B. Ed. Agriculture Science
- B. Ed. Technical/Vocational
7. What is the closing date for College of Education?
8. What is the cut off point for teacher training College?
The admission cut-off point for teacher training College is aggregate 30. Applicants are to obtain at least C6 in three core subjects and C6 in two elective subjects.