Here are the UDS undergraduate sandwich degree and diploma programmes. Check how to buy the UDS online application voucher as well as the cost of UDS application form and apply now.
UDS Degree and Diploma Admission
The University of Development Studies (UDS), it’s objective is to provide quality education for all students.
The UDS sandwich programmes aims at bridging the gap between career and also upgrading ones self in the field of work. The UDS programmes are mainly scheduled during the vacation period.
Applicants who qualify are admitted into the UDS certificates, diploma and and Top-up Bachelor of Education programmes. Below are the the mode of application and the minimum requirement for the UDS Sandwich degree and diploma programmes.
Affiliated Colleges of Education hosting the following programmes: (Dambai, McCoy, St. Vincent, Al-Faruq, Gambaga, Tumu Colleges of Education and Savelugu Study Centre)
UDS Faculty of Education programmes
- 2-Year B.Ed. Early Grade Specialism
- 2-Year B.Ed. Upper Grade Specialism
- 2-Year B.Ed. Junior High School Specialism
- 3-Year Diploma in Education
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education
UDS Admissions Entry Requirements
- Entry into the Post-Diploma Degree or Top-up programmes in Early Grade Specialism, Upper Grade Specialism and Junior High School Specialism, the applicant must hold a Diploma in either Basic Education or Early Childhood Education.
- For entry into the Diploma in Education, one must have three (3) Credits Passes in the area of specialization (elective subjects) and passes (D7 or better) in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE.
- For entry into the Certificate in Early Childhood Education, the applicant must have either Post-Senior Secondary certificate, WASSCE, BECE certificate or its equivalent and have evidence of working in an Early Childhood setting or have Social Welfare Training Certificate.
NOTE: A sandwich session is eight (8 weeks) for Diploma and Top up B.Ed and six (6 weeks) for the certificate in early childhood.
Where to Buy UDS Admission Application Forms 2022/2023
1. Applicants can buy the UDS online application voucher from any of the listed banks;
- All Ecobank Ghana branches
- All Republic Bank branches
- All Agricultural Development Bank branches
- All Ghana Commercial Bank branches
- All Zenith Bank branches
- All Universal Merchant Bank branches
- All Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) branches
- All Access Bank branches
2. Visit the University website www.uds.edu.gh
Cost of UDS Sandwich Application Forms
- Purchase e-voucher at a cost of Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH¢220.00) from the sale centres. Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the admissions brochure very carefully before completing the online application form.
- Visit UDS online payment portal at www.uds.edu.gh with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of GHC200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis) for the undergraduate e-Voucher or GHC250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis) for the postgraduate e-Voucher. Print the advice slip for future reference.
UDS Admission Mode Of Application
The E-Voucher contains the PIN, and Serial Number required for the completion of the online form.
Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at www.admissions.uds.edu.gh soon after payment.
In completing the online form, applicants will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs with white background and relevant certificates. Applicants who use objects instead of their own photographs would be disqualified.
A completed form will not be considered for admission unless it is SUBMITTED after accepting our Data Confirmation Policy
Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
Candidates are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents (see viii). Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
UDS Undergraduate Application
Undergraduate applicants must print out application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be submitted in triplicates (three copies each) to the Head (Academic Affairs Department).
UDS Postgraduate Applicants
Postgraduate applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents to each form. Three reference letters are also required (at least, two of the referees should be familiar with applicants’ academic work).
Applicants should also scan all the documents – signed copy of the application form, results slips, certificates, any valid national ID card and all supporting documents send to the following email address: [email protected]
Note: In the subject line of the Email, write only applicant’s full name and serial number in brackets. Eg. Abena Mansa (2200000)
The application documents as specified in (vii) above should be addressed to:
The Head (Academic& Students’ Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Closing Date (Undergraduate)
Closing date for submission of applications is June 30. Candidates should note that, no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Closing Date (Postgraduate)
Closing date for applications for all sandwich programmes is June 15. Candidates should note that no applications for sandwich programmes will be accepted after this date (June 15).
UDS Admission Frequently asked questions and answers
One thought on “UDS Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes”
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.