UDS Cut-Off Points 2023/2024. The management of the University of Development Studies (UDS) has announced the opening of the UDS admissions Portal for the 2023/2024 academic year. In this post, we will explore the cut-off points of the UDS, admission requirements for 2023 and admission deadlines.
UDS Admission Requirements 2023
Below are the general admission requirements for the UDS degree and diploma programmes.
You are required to get a pass in three core subjects and three elective subjects pertaining to the area of study. Your aggregate score for all six subjects (core and elective) should be 36 or better than that.
WASSCE Holders (for Degree Programmes)
- WASSCE holders seeking admission into Degree programmes must have at least C6 in all their three Core and three Elective Subjects.
- WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.
- Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
- Three Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
- The aggregate score of the best six (6) subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 36
However, admissions will be on a competitive basis, and various programmes offered at UDS have their cut-off points much lower than the aggregate of 36 for WASSCE.
- Candidates should note that Social Studies is not an elective subject.
- For candidates who read Arts and Business subjects at WASSCE, a grade in Social Studies may be used in place of the grade in Integrated Science in the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
For Science students, however, Social Studies (Core) does not replace Integrated Science (Core) in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
WASSCE Holders (for Diploma Programmes)
Candidates who do not meet the requirements for Degree programmes in UDS are advised to apply for any one of the Diploma programmes
- Diploma in Development Education
- Basic Education
- Early Childhood
- Care and Education
all of which are offered at the Tamale Campus. But the below Diploma programmes are offered at Nyankpala Campus.
- Diploma in Social Change Communication
- Agriculture Technology
- Family and Consumer Science
- Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
- Natural Resource Management
To be admitted into a Diploma programme,
- Three credit passes in the area of specialization (elective subjects) and at least two passes ( D7 or better) in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE are required.
- Any candidate without a pass in English Language and Mathematics (core) need not apply for the Diploma.
- It is not likely that all candidates with the minimum requirements for Diploma programmes will be admitted.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have good grades/credit passes.
- Candidates, who have met the requirements for Degree programmes (Credits in three electives and three core subjects) but have aggregates that are not good enough may be admitted into Diploma programmes.
UDS Cut-Off Points For 2023/2024
Cut-Off Points For Health Science Programmes
|School Of Medicine||Mbchb Agg. 9|
Access Pbl Agg. 12
|School Of Pharmacy||Doctor Of Pharmacy Agg. 12|
Doctor Of Pharmacy (Fee Paying) Agg. 18
|School Of Nursing & Midwifery||Bsc Nursing Agg. 14|
Bsc Midwifery Agg. 14
|School Of Public Health||Bsc Health Information Management Agg. 18|
|School Of Allied Health Sciences (Sahs)||Doctor Of Medical Laboratory Sciences Agg. 12|
Bsc Medical Imaging Technology Agg. 16
Bsc Community Nutrition Agg. 18
Bsc Dietetics Agg. 16
Closing date for UDS Forms 2023
UDS admission forms for 2023/2024 deadline. The University for Development Studies, UDS admission application closing date is scheduled between June 30th, 2023 and July 31st, 2023.
University of Development Studies (UDS) Contact Information
P. O. Box TL1350, Tamale
+233 37 209 3697