TSC Number Application. As part of the Kenya Teachers Service Commission – TSC Registration Process, all duly registered teachers are required to receive a certificate with a TSC number within a thirty (30) day period of the registration process. This TSC number will be required to access the TSC portal and log in to access all resources including access to the TSC Online Payslip.
In this post, we will assist our readers with guidelines such as TSC Number application process, how to pay for your TSC Number application, and how to check your TSC Registration status.
Requirements for TSC Number Application
Teachers applying for the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) are required to submit the following documents during the application process;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates
- National identity card
- Bank slip
- One passport-size photo
- KRA pin
- KCSE Certificate
- KCPE Certificate
- GP69 form
- Screenshot of M-Pesa payment
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Entry and work permit for non-Kenyans
TSC Number Registration Application Process
To receive a TSC certificate of Registration bearing a TSC number follow these procedures;
- Visit the TSC registration portal
- Fill out the registration form with all the required information
- Passport Number
- phone number
- KRA PIN
- Select your Category (ie. ECDE, Primary, Post Primary)
- Answer the questionnaires
- Select your KCSE, KCE, KACE, EACE, EAACE Mean Grade
- Select the Year of the Exams
- Click on the Next button to complete another form with your details
- Preview and Submit the form
- An email will be sent to your email with details of your registration status
- Congratulations on completing your TSC registration
How to Pay for TSC Number Application
Teachers TSC teachers are required to deposit Ksh 1,060 for registration through Direct Banking or Simple Banking. (KSh 1,000 is a non-refundable registration fee and KSH 60 for Bank Commission Charge to the TSC).
- National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001000905001 or
- Simple Banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625 is required for processing your certificate. Ensure you have Bank Deposit Slip before proceeding with the application.
For Duplicate Certificate Applications, a non-refundable fee of Ksh 2,050 paid during the process through E-Citizen government payment methods (MPesa, Airtel Money, KCB Cash, Equity Cash, E-Agent), is required before submitting your application.
How to Check your TSC Application Status
You can track and check your TSC application status with the following:
- Go to https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
- Browse to Registration Status
- Enter your TSC No, ID/Passport No
- Click on the Search button
- Your TSC deployment status will be displayed
- You can now download or save your status
TSC Application Status and Meaning
Your Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will display one of the following statuses after submitting your application. Below is the meaning of each of the statuses that is likely to be displayed and the meaning at each stage of your application.
- In Progress: The application has been submitted but is yet to be verified.
- Verified: TSC has checked, verified, and confirmed all your application details.
- Registered: TSC Number has been successfully generated. The TSC Number is indicated on the portal. A text message is sent to the applicant as well.
- Reset: This means that there’s an error that needs to be rectified. The error is stated both on the portal and in a text to the applicant.
- Incomplete: The application is not complete/not submitted
- Rejected: This feedback is given when the applicant doesn’t qualify to be registered as a teacher, especially for failing to meet the minimum academic qualification.