The Teacher Training Colleges Forms Admission 2023/2024 has officially begun. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the Four years Bachelor of Education degree programme for the 2023/2024 academic year across all the Forty-Six (46) Public Colleges of Education in Ghana. Here are the teacher training college admission requirements and how to apply for teacher training college in Ghana
Teacher training college admission requirements
Here are the admission requirements for entry into the college of education for all applicants;
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study Candidates who are yet to write either the 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
- Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better),
- Have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and Science subject (for nonscience students) and Arts subjects (for Science students).
Read Also: Full List of Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana
Teacher training admission requirements for Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
- have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language,
Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business
Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Teacher training admission requirements for Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorized awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Teacher training admission requirements for Foreign Qualifications
- All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
- It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Read Also: College of Education Courses, entry Requirements & application deadline
Teacher training admission requirements for special needs applicants
Teacher training admission requirements for VISUALLY IMPAIRED
Study facilities for visually impaired applicants are available at:
- N.J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Wesley College of Education, KUMASI, and
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
Teacher training admission requirements for HEARING IMPAIRED
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
Read Also: What You Should Know About Teacher Training Colleges
How to apply for Teacher training admission 2023/2024
- Begin the application process by making a payment of Two Hundred Cedis (GHC200.00) into the Teacher Training Colleges Account at any branch of Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
- You can well as make payments through mobile money on the following networks: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing the shortcode *924*8# from all networks.
- After payment, you will be given the following information: A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- Then visit the Teacher Training admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow the specific stated there to fill out the online application form.
- You would then have to select three Colleges of your choice for your program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Kindly note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, you will then have to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College you chose in step 5 above.
- You will then receive an SMS (text message) confirming your application, So make sure you provided the correct phone numbers when filling out the online application form.
- You will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS when your application is processed. As such if you do not receive such notifications then it means that your application was unsuccessful.
- Also note that the Teacher Training Colleges will check the results and details you provide, from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. If you submitted fake or falsified documents in support of your applications you will face legal consequences.
Read Also: College of Education Programs and Cut-off Points in Ghana 2022/2023
Deadline for training college forms
The closing date for the training college admission process will close on 31st October 2023.