Second Chance Matric Registration 2023. The Department of Education has made it possible for candidates who have written Matric before to have a Second Chance Matric examination for several reasons such as poor performance in the initial seating, change of subjects or to improve their Admission Point Score. In this post, we will assist our readers with guidelines on every vital information for their Matric Second Chance examination.
The Matric Examinations are held in May-June of each year and registration opens in October and closes around January. Candidates are encouraged to register when registration is open for adequate examination preparation.
Mode of Second Chance Matric Registration
Candidates interested in registering to upgrade their Matric results have two (2) options to do so. These are;
- Online Registration Mode: This option allows candidates to complete their registration by visiting the South Africa e-Services portal registration portal.
- In-person Registration: In-Person registration allows candidates to visit the Department of Basic Education provincial, district, or circuit offices.
Documents required for Second Chance Matric Registration
Candidates taking part in the Second chance will be required to provide the following documents during the registration process;
- Completed Second Chance Matric Registration form
- A certified copy of your ID Card or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Previous highest qualification (Note: Repeater candidates only)
Note: If you have entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
Who can take part in the Second Chance Matric Examination?
- Senior Certificate Examination Candidates: Learners registered to write the Senior Certificate examinations in June.
- NSC Examinations Part-time candidates: Learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2008 and will write the examinations in May/June and November.
Second Chance Matric Subjects
Candidates interested in taking part in the Second Chance Matric Exams will be accessed in the following subjects;
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
- Afrikaans Huistaal
- Afrikaans Eerste Additionele Taal
- isiZulu Home Language
- isiXhosa Home Language
- isiNdebele Home Language
- Sepedi Home Language
- Xitsonga Home Language
- Tshivenda Home Language
- Sesotho Home Language
- Siswati Home Language
- Setswana Home Language
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- Religious Studies
Closing date for matric rewrite 2023
Second Chance Matric Contact Information
- Email: [email protected]
- WhatsApp: +27 63 696 7246 (Administration related. No voice notes)
- WozaMatrics WhatsApp: 061 505 3023 (Subject-related queries)