The South Africa Police Service – SAPS Application Form for the 2023 recruitment of entry-level police trainees is currently ongoing. Interested and qualified persons are to visit the SAPS Website to download and fill out the application form.
In this post, we will assist our readers with guidelines on how to download and fill out the South Africa Police – SAP Application Form, SAPS entry requirements, and the SAPS application deadline for 2023 recruitment.
Requirement for SAPS Recruitment
Applicants interested in joining the South Africa Police Service – SAPS as police trainees must meet these requirements;
- Applicant must have permanent residence in South Africa with a documentary proof
- Applicant must possess a grade 12 school certificate or equivalent qualification
- Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty-five (35) years of age as at the time of application
- Applicant must not have any previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made
- Applicant must not have any tattoo marks which will be visible when wearing any uniform of the Service
- Applicant must be prepared to successfully undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Applicant must undergo and pass a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official
- Applicant must hold a valid driving license for at least a light motor vehicle will serve as an advantage
- Applicant must be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
- Applicant must be prepared to take the oath of office
Required Documents for SAPS Application
Applicants interested in applying for the South Africa Police Service recruitment must submit the following documents during the application process;
- Identity Document
- Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Tertiary Qualifications
- Academic Record
- Driver’s license (where applicable)
- Testimonial (School / Church / Traditional Leaders)
- Service Certificates of previous employers (if applicable)
How to fill SAPS Application Form 2023
Applicants interested in the South Africa Police Service recruitment should obtain an official application form for free at any Police Station / SAPS Recruitment offices or download it from the SAPS Website. Application forms must be hand-delivered to the nearest police station in your province.
- The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- All instructions on the application form must be adhered to, failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty-one) months.
SAPS Recruitment Closing Date 2023
The closing date for the South Africa Police Service (SAPS) applications is 31 AUGUST 2023.
SAPS Recruitment Contact Details
- Western Cape: (021) 409 6579 / 6587 /6588 / 6592 / 6593
- Eastern Cape: (040) 608 7153 / 7156 /7157 / 7158 / 7245 / 7248 /7161
- Northern Cape: 053) 839 2510 / 2813 / 2518 / 3724
- Free State: (051) 507 6407 / 6807
- Gauteng: (011) 274 7913 / 7423 / 7424 / 7425
- North West: (018) 299 7320 / 7732
- Mpumalanga: (013) 762 4810 / 4898 / 4808 / 4811 4809 / 4318
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: (031) 325 4808 / 6404 / 6194
- Limpopo: (015) 290 6094 / 6024 /6026 / 6131