NSFAS Application for TVET College 2023. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme – NSFAS TVET Funding application for 2023/2024 academic year is currently in progress. As a South African student who has been offered admission into one of the NSFAS approved TVET Colleges, you may apply for funding on the NSFAS Student Portal using the guidelines in this article.
NSFAS Qualification Requirements for TVET Funding
Students applying for the NSFAS TVET funding must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to qualify for the bursary scheme;
- The student must be a South African citizen
- The student must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V), or Report 191 program at any of the fifty (50) public TVET Colleges in South Africa.
- Must be in need of financial assistance (NSFAS will determine whether or not a student meets the financial eligibility criteria).
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance.
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded.
- Applicants will qualify if they fall within the maximum threshold of up to R350,000 of combined gross family income per annum and are admitted/received a firm offer for enrolment in a College.
Required Documents for NSFAS TVET Funding Application
You will be required to submit the following documents during the registration process for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS);
- A copy of your South African ID document. (Both sides of the smart ID must be provided)
- A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parents, legal guardian/guardian or spouse,
- Proof of income applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide the latest payslip, not older than 3 months, UIF letter appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s) legal guardian/spouse).
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- ID copies of parents, guardian, or spouse (If applicable)
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (Note: no proof of income for SASSA grant recipient)
Note: ID number, Name, and Surname will be validated against the Department of Home Affairs database.
How to Apply for NSFAS TVET Funding Online
Students interested in applying for the NSFAS TVET funding are to follow these guidelines to submit their NSFAS application online;
- Access the myNSFAS Portal Login
- Click on the myNSFAS tab
- Login to myNSFAS account with email and password (learn how to create your NSFAS Account)
- Click on the APPLY tab and complete the sections on the screen
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Preview and Submit
- Congratulations, your application should now be submitted
NSFAS Contact Information
For queries regarding payments and balances:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Email: [email protected]