Ghana Armed Forces Entry Requirements. The Ghana Armed Forces exist to provide external security to citizens in times of war and conflict. The Armed forces are made up of 3 arms of military units, “the Ghana Army”, “Ghana Airforce” and “Ghana Navy”. Below are the new Ghana Armed Forces entry requirements and the application process.
Read Also: Ghana Airforce Ranks and their Insignia
Ghana Armed forces Requirements
Below are the general entry requirements for the Ghana Armed Forces
- An applicant must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- An applicant must be of good character.
- An applicant must not be bonded.
- An applicant must not be married.
- An applicant must not be less than 18 years and not more than 26 years by 06 Jan 2024.
- Be medically fit by Ghana Armed Forces standards.
- Must pass the Pre-Joining Fitness Test.
- Be of a minimum height of 1.68m (5’6”) for males and 1.60m (5’4”) for females. For Military Police only; the minimum height for male applicants should be 1.75m (5`9“) and 1.70m (5’ 7”) for females.
- An Applicant Must have the following:
- BECE. Six (6) Passes at BECE including English and Mathematics.
- WASSCE. Six (6) Credits (not less than C6 ) including Core English, Core Mathematics. and Science.
- SSSCE. Six (6) Credits (not less than D ) including Core English and Core Mathematics.
- GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels. Five (5) Credits (not less than 6) including English and Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level and not less than D in three subjects and General Paper at GCE ‘A’ Level.
Read Also: Ranks in the Ghana Navy and their Insignia
How to Apply for Ghana Armed Forces
- Access the Ghana Armed Forces e-Recruitment portal via offr.apply.mil.gh/
- Enter your scratch card serial and pin code.
- Retype your pin code to confirm your input
- Select your Arm of Service (Army, Navy, Airforce)
- Select your commission type (Regular, Short Service)
- on the SUBMIT button.
- Wait for the portal to authenticate and redirect you.
How to Fill Ghana Armed Forces Application Form Online
Below are the guidelines on how to fill out the Ghana Armed Forces recruitment form online
- Log in to the portal with your Scratch card Serial and Pin code
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph of dimension ( 200 x 180 pixels )
- Enter a valid e-mail address,
- Enter an active phone number ( All SMS notifications shall be forwarded to this number)
- Enter the results of your WASSCE core subjects ( Mathematics, English, Integrated Science).
- Enter your WASSCE or SSSCE Index number.
- Upload scanned copies of the following your WASSCE or SSSCE Results Slip and First Degree/Certificate (Degree). NB: The size of all scanned documents must not exceed 1MB and must be in the Jpg format.
- Click on the Preview button to see a summary page of all data provided.
- Click on the submit button. An e-mail and text message which includes a unique system-generated Identification Number shall be sent to you.
- Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it if you are shortlisted.
- Congratulations, your application has been submitted.
Read Also: Ghana Customs Service Entry Requirements
Recover a Lost Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment Voucher
Follow the guidelines below to recover your lost Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment Form
- Log in to the Ghana Armed Forces recruitment portal
- Click on the Check Details Tab
- Enter your unique identification number sent to you by SMS/E-mail
- Click on the print button to re-print. (You can also press Ctrl+P) to print the report.