NAFTI Courses, Entry Requirements, Fees and Application Form. The National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI) was established in 1978 by the Government of Ghana as a public Institution of Higher Education in Film and Television Production. Below are the courses offered in NAFTI as well as NAFTI entry requirements, Fees and how to apply to study a course of your preference.
NAFTI Undergraduate Programs Entry Requirements
Wassce Certificate Holders
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE): Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE): Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE): Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE): Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
HND holders must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division).
Diploma holders with FGPA of 3.0 or better from an institution whose diploma programme has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) or from a foreign institution that is recognized by NAB may be considered for admission.
Applicants who could not obtain secondary education earlier in their lives may be considered for admission provided they:
- are 25 years or above by August 31, 2023
- show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- submit an introductory letter from the employer or show any other proof of work experience.
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test
NAFTI Diploma Programs Entry Requirements
Five (5) passes (A1-D7) in three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics and two electives.
Lectures – Monday through Friday (4 pm-9 pm on each day)
Five (5) passes (A-D) in three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, and two electives.
NAFTI Certificate Programs Entry Requirements
A minimum of BECE, SSSCE & WASSCE holders
Duration of the Programme: 26 weeks
Theory and practice from Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sundays
Department of Film and TV Artistic
- BFA Film Directing
- BFA Television Production
- BFA Animation
- BFA Art Direction
Department of Film and TV Techniques
- BFA Motion Picture Photography
- BFA Film Sound Production
- BFA Editing
Department of Broadcast Journalism
- BA Broadcast Journalism (Radio, TV, and Online)
Department of Multimedia Production
- BFA Multimedia Production (Graphic Design, Web
- Design, Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, and 3D Modelling)
How to Apply for NAFTI Admission
NAFTI Online Application Process
- Obtained the NAFTI E-Voucher from the NAFTI campus or any branch of GCB Bank at an applicable fee
- Visit the online application portal https://collegems.com/nafti/online_app/
- Complete the form with your passport and required documents and submit.
Note: Applicants can also buy NAFTI Application vouchers using *887*18 USSD service on all networks.
The Cost of the NAFTI Application Voucher is GHS 210.00 for Degree programs and GHS 160.00 for certificate programs.
The cost for NAFTI Application Fee for International students is USD 100.00
Foreign candidates and Ghanaian candidates outside Ghana may also purchase an E-VOUCHER online via a VISA Credit/Debit card at www.nafti.edu.gh. After a successful payment, the applicant receives an SMS/EMAIL from the VOUCHER. Go to admissions.nafti.edu.gh and use the Serial Number and Pin on the voucher to complete the form online