The Kirinyaga University – KyU Student Portal is a self-service online platform that allows both fresh and continuing students of the institution to access and complete important activities such as Unit registration, checking semester results, making payments, and downloading academic timetables online irrespective of a student’s location. The portal also allows applicants to check the status of their application as well as to download their KyU admission letter once they are offered admission.
In this post, we will assist students and applicants of Kirinyaga University with guidelines on how to access the KyU student portal and log in to access the available resources.
List of Available Functionalities on the KyU Student Portal
The KyU student portal allows students and applicants to access and complete the following activities from their online account;
- Semester Unit Registration
- Checking of semester results
- Downloading of admission letter
- Academic Transcript Request
- Payment of Fees
- Access to online hostel application
KyU Student Portal Login Process
Students of Kirinyaga University are required to log into the student portal with these guidelines to be able to access the university’s academic resources;
- Visit the KyU Website at www.kyu.ac.ke
- Click on the Student Portal menu link
- Enter your Student Number and password (NB: Use your User ID number as the registration number and password if it’s your first time. Do not forget to update your credentials after you log in successfully)
- Click on the Sign-in button
- Wait for the system to authenticate and redirect to the dashboard
KyU Units Registration 2023
Follow these steps to download the Kirinyaga University unit registration form PDF online to register for your semester courses;
- Visit the KyU Student portal via www.students.kyu.ac.ke
- Click on the downloads menu link
- Click on the Student Downloads option
- Scroll to the unit registration form
- Click on the download button to download the PDF form
- Fill out the Unit form with your details and courses to register
- Submit the completed form to the office of your HOD
Important KyU Registration Notice
- Students shall be expected to pay at least 60% of the fees before registration of units. Failure to register for units within the first three weeks will lead to disqualification from end-of-semester examinations.
- A student who has qualified to register for any year of study but who has failed to register by the end of the first four weeks of the semester shall be assumed to have deserted the degree course and shall be deregistered forthwith.