KNEC CBA Portal. Access the Kenya National Examinations (KNEC) Competency Based Assessment (CBA) portal via www.cba.knec.ac.ke and log in with your KCPE username and password to complete the learner assessment online using the guidelines outlined in this post.
About the KNEC CBA Portal
The KNEC CBA Portal also known as the Kenya Early Years Assessment (KEYA) Portal is a web-based application with reporting functionality that can be accessed online by teachers and parents. Teachers access the portal for the administration of the MLP which includes registration of grade three learners, downloading of assessment tools and instructions, capturing of assessment outcomes and generating a variety of reports.
Procedures to log into KNEC CBA Portal
Users can log into the Competency Based Assessment (CBA) portal with these steps;
- Access the KNEC CBA Portal via cba.knec.ac.ke
- Enter your Username and Password (Note: The Sub County Director of Education (SCDE) will provide the schools with a KNEC code that will serve as the username and a password upon registration)
- Click on the login button
- Wait for the system to authenticate and redirect to the dashboard
Note: Schools that do not have KNEC examination code are to contact their respective sub county education offices in order to register.
How to Upload Assessment Scores to CBA Portal
- Log in to KNEC Competency Based Assessment Portal
- Enter the username and password
- Select grade
- Select the learning area
- Click on Capture assessment outcomes
- Enter scores for every learner in the spaces provided under every task
- Click on Save outcomes
- Repeat the same for all learners.
How Parents Can View Learner’s Assessment from the CBA Portal
Parents can log into the Competence Based Assessment (CBA) Portal to view the performance of their wards with these steps;
- Visit the KNEC website cba.knec.ac.ke
- Click on the View Learner Details located below the login button
- Select the grade of your ward
- Enter the assessment number (Note: Contact the school of your ward for the assessment number)
- Click on the Find button
- Wait for the system to load and display the assessment details
How to Recover KNEC CBA Portal Password
Any school that will have forgotten their password should contact their respective Sub County Director of Education (SCDE) for a new password.
KNEC Contact Information
- KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
Chief Executive Officer – P.O. Box: 73598 00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
- +254 020 3317412
- +254 020 3317413
- +254 020 3317419
- +254 020 3317427
- +254 020 3341027
- +254 020 3341050