Learn how to apply for your Kenya Passport online using the eCitizen Portal. The Kenya Immigration Service in the quest to promote innovation and fast track passport applications has launched an online passport application module on the eCitizen portal which can be used by citizens and foreign nationals for all passport related activities.
In this article, we will guide you on how to apply for your Kenya passport online and the required documents for your application. We will also discuss the available passport types and the cost of application.
Requirements for Kenya Passport Application
You will be required to submit the following documents during your online passport application process;
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three(3) Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copies.
Follow these guidelines to complete your Kenya Passport application online;
- Visit the eCitizen Portal and create an account (Log in if you already registered)
- Fill out the online application form
- Scan and upload the required documents
- Pay the prescribed fee based on your type of passport
- Book Appointment
- Print the duly completed application form and two (2) invoices
- Submission and bio-metrics (on the appointment date)
Kenya Passport Application Fees
The following fees will be charged for processing your Kenya passport application depending on the type of passport;
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 pages)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
Kenya Passport Application Duration
It takes a minimum of ten (10) working days for your passport to be ready once your form gets to the immigration office. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
Biometric Centers for Kenya Passport
Submission and Biometrics capture
All applicants must appear in person in the various stations as per the appointments for submission and enrolment of bio-metrics. The application centers are as follows
- Nairobi – Nyayo House Ground Floor
- Mombasa – Uhuru na Kazi Mombasa P.o box 90284 Mombasa
- Kisumu – New PC’s office Kisumu
- Embu – Embu PC’s office
- Nakuru- Regional Commissioner’s Blg Nakuru P.O box 17632
- Kisii – County Commissioners Building
- Eldoret – Public Works Building
Passport Application Contact Information
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206