KCPE Timetable 2023. The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) has made available the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education – KCPE Timetable for 2023 for candidates to download and prepare for their examination.
This post is made up of a detailed KCPE timetable, instructions and guidelines for students taking part in the coming examination.
KCPE Examination Instructions 2023
The time allowed for each paper is indicated against the name of the paper and NO EXTRA TIME IS TO BE ALLOWED. Time for reading through questions is part of the time shown on the question paper except where special paper instructions indicate otherwise. Supervisors and Invigilators should ensure that candidates are issued with personalized mark sheets that bear their correct names and index numbers.
KCPE Timetable 2023
This timetable is made up of the days, time and duration of every subject to be taken by candidates;
|DAY & DATE||SESSION||ITEM NO.||PAPER||DURATION|
|FRIDAY 27/10//2023||REHEARSAL DAY|
|8.30 am − 10.30 am||1||Mathematics||2 hours|
|8.30 am − 10.30 am||2||Mathematics (Large Print)||2 hours|
|8.30 am – 11.00 am||3||Mathematics (Braille)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|11.00 am – 11.30 am||BREAK||30 minutes|
|11.30 am − 1.10 pm||4||English Section A − Language||1 hour 40 minutes|
|11.30 am − 1.10 pm||5||English Section A − Language (Large Print)||1 hour 40 minutes|
|11.30 am − 1.30 pm||6||English Section A− Language (Hearing Impaired)||2 hours|
|11.30 am − 1.40 pm||7||English Section A – Language (Braille)||2 hours 10 minutes|
|1.40 pm – 2.30pm||BREAK||50 minutes|
|2.30 pm − 3.10 pm||8||English Section B − Composition||40 minutes|
|2.30 pm − 3.10 pm||9||English Section B – Composition (Large Print)||40 minutes|
|2.30 pm – 3.20 pm||10||English Section B −Composition (Hearing|
|2.30 pm – 3.20 pm||11||English Section B – Composition (Braille)||50 minutes|
|8.30 am – 10.10 am||12||Science||1 hour 40 minutes|
|8.30 am – 10.10 am||13||Science (Large Print)||1 hour 40 minutes|
|8.30 am – 10.40 am||14||Science Braille||2 hours 10 minutes|
|10.40 am – 11.10 am||BREAK||30 minutes|
|11.10 am – 12.50 pm||15||Kiswahili Lugha||1 hour 40 minutes|
|11.10 am – 12.50 pm||16||Kiswahili Lugha (Large Print)||1 hour 40 minutes|
|11.10 am – 12.50 pm||17||Kenyan Sign Language – Section A||1 hour 40 minutes|
|11.10 am – 1.20 pm||18||Kiswahili Lugha (Braille)||2 hours 10 minutes|
|1.20 pm – 2.10 pm||BREAK||50 minutes|
|2.10 pm – 2.50 pm||19||Kiswahili Insha||40 minutes|
|2.10 pm – 2.50 pm||20||Kiswahili Insha (Large Print)||40 minutes|
|2.10 pm – 2.50 pm||21||Kenyan Sign Language Section B Composition||40 minutes|
|2.10 pm – 3.00 pm||22||Kiswahili Insha (Braille)||50 minutes|
|8.30 am – 10.45 am||23||Social Studies and R.E||2 hours 15 minutes|
|8.30 am – 10.45 am||24||Social Studies and R.E (Large Print)||2 hours 15 minutes|
|8.30 am – 11.15 am||25||Social Studies and R.E (Braille)||2 hours 45 minutes|
Note: The Kenyan Sign Language papers should be taken only by candidates with Hearing Impairment (HI).
KCPE Instructions to Teachers
TEACHERS are advised to ensure that candidates clearly understand the instructions given below and are aware of the penalties for examination irregularities or misconduct. Candidates are required to follow these instructions carefully.
KCPE Instructions to Candidates
- Avail yourself for searching outside the examination room and be seated at your desk/table 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the Morning sessions will start at 8.30 a.m.
- A candidate who arrives late will be required to give a satisfactory reason to the Only in exceptional circumstances will a paper be given to any candidate who is more than half an hour late. Punctuality should be observed for all papers.
- Ensure that your name and index number has been written and crossed correctly on the answer
- Check to ensure that each page of your question paper is complete
KCPE Guidelines to Candidates
- You are not allowed to leave the examination room before the end of the period allocated to the paper except with special permission from the NO CANDIDATE SO PERMITTED TO LEAVE MAY TAKE A QUESTION PAPER OR ANSWER SHEET/SCRIPT OUT OF THE EXAMINATION ROOM.
- Do not leave a sheet of paper you have written on or your answers in such a position that another candidate can read You should not give or obtain unfair assistance, or attempt to do so, whether by copying or in any other way, and your work should not show proof of such unfair assistance.
- No communication whatsoever in whatever manner between candidates or with outsiders is allowed during the
- You are not allowed to have in your possession or in your proximity while in the examination room, any book, notes, papers or any other materials whatsoever except the correct question papers and any materials expressly authorized by the Kenya National Examinations
- You must return immediately to the Supervisor any question paper that has smudges, errors, or is badly
- You must not take any used or unused paper out of the examination Any rough work must be done on the official question paper.
- Any misconduct or causing of disturbance in or near the examination room will be treated as an examination
- Cell phones or any other electronic communication device are prohibited in examination Any candidate caught in possession of a cell phone/any other electronic communication device will have his/her results cancelled.
KCPE Examination Date 2023
The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education for 2023 is scheduled to begin on 10th October 2023 and end on 1st November 2023
Download KCEP Timetable PDF
Click to download