Learn how to submit your banking details to SASSA as a new applicant or update your SASSA banking details if you have made a switch from one bank to another with this guide.
Your SASSA banking information will be used to make payments for your SRD r350 grant benefits. The Bank account details will be validated against your SASSA information and payment will only be issued if the details of your SASSA account match that of the bank account. As a result, applicants are adviced to update their SASSA account with the right bank information.
About SASSA SRD R350 Grant
SASSA Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is a South African government initiative that was introduced in 2020 to provide income support to people who are not eligible for other forms of social assistance, such as unemployment benefits or social grants. The SRD grant aims to provide temporary financial assistance to citizens in urgent need of support due to economic situations.
How to submit Banking details to SASSA
The next stage after your SASSA SRD R350 grant application is approved is to add your banking details through which your funds will be disbursed. These guidelines will assist you with how to add your bank details to your SASSA account.
- Visit the SRD website via srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll down to the How do I change my banking details section
- Enter your ID number
- An SMS / Text message containing the SASSA banking details link will be sent to the phone number used when registering for the SRD application
- Open the banking details link in the SMS and follow the instructions.
How to change banking details for SASSA
- Go to the SASSA SRD website at srd.sassa.gov.za
- Select How do I change my banking details section
- Enter your South African ID number
- An SMS will then be sent to you containing the SASSA banking details link
- SASSA link from the SMS and follow the instructions to change your bank details.
You can reach out to the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) on one of the following contacts;