How to Register to Vote on IEC Voters Portal 2023. The South African Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) as part of preparations for the 2024 elections has made it possible for all persons who are of voting age to register online using the IEC Voters Registration Portal. In this post, we will assist our readers with guidelines on how to create an account on the IEC Voters portal and check their registration status among others.
About the IEC Voters Portal
The South Africa Independent Electoral Commission (IEC)’s new online registration portal is a comprehensive self-service platform that enables citizens to register online to vote or to view and update their address, request a special vote, find your correct voting station, and view important election dates if you’re already registered.
South Africa IEC Voter Registration Requirements
You must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be able to complete your IEC voter registration online;
- Be a South African citizen
- Be at least 16 years old (you can only vote from age 18)
- A valid green, bar-coded ID book or smartcard ID
How to Register on the IEC Voter Registration Portal
Follow these guidelines to register and vote online using the new South Africa Independent Electoral Commission – IEC Voters Portal;
- Access the IEC Voter Registration portal at www.registertovote.elections.org.za
- Fill out the registration form with all your required details
- ID number
- Firstname and Surname
- Mobile number
- Enter the One-Time PIN (OTP) sent to your mobile number
- Capture your home address by typing in your full address, select from dropdown, or click search
the screen will show auto-filled entries found in your search. (Note: If you live in a housing complex, please search with the street name for the entrance to your complex – street names inside complexes are not
always mapped by the municipality.)
- Review and acknowledge your information
- Take a photo or upload a scan of your RSA ID
IEC Voter Portal Login
You can log into your IEC online Voters portal once you complete the online registration with these steps;
- Visit the IEC voter portal login at https://registertovote.elections.org.za
- Click on the login button
- Enter your email/RSA ID or Username
- Enter your password
- Click on the sign-in button
- Wait for the system to authenticate your credentials to log in
How to Check your IEC Registration Status Online
Follow these steps to check your registration status on the South Africa Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) online portal;
- Visit the IEC Website at https://www.elections.org.za/pw
- Click on the Check My Registration status link
- Enter your 13 digits South African ID Number in the input field
- Tick the capture box
- Click on the Check Now button
- Wait for the system to load and display the status of your IEC voter registration
RSA ID Photo Document Specifications
Photos of your RSA Smart ID card and green barcoded ID must be uploaded to the IEC voter registration portal with these guidelines;
Green-barcoded ID book or smart ID card
- Upload a photo image of your green-barcoded ID book or the back of your smart ID card with your phone/device’s camera.
Clear and full photo of the original ID document
- Make certain that you take a clear photo of the full ID document, clearly showing the barcode. Take a photo
from your original ID document. This helps in security when validating the authenticity of your ID document.
- Ensure you have good lighting when taking the image. Light reflection or shadow covering parts of the ID may compromise the quality of the photo.
- Avoid a blurry photo. Where your mobile phone/device has autofocus, allow the camera a chance to focus
completely before taking a camera shot.
- Helpline: 0800 11 8000
- Email: [email protected]