As part of the anti-money laundry act of Ghana, the government has urged all financial institutions to update all their customer’s KYC with the National Identification Authority (NIA) Card which is commonly referred to as the Ghana card before 1st July 2022. This directive
Customers are provided with two ways to link their Ghana Card to their bank accounts.
- Visit the nearest branch of your bank with your Ghana card and personal details
- Access your bank’s online registration portal and upload your Ghana card and personal details.
Note: The second option is only available to banks that have online registration for their customers
How to link your Ghana Card to your Bank Account Online
To link your Ghana Card Account with your Ecobank Account, follow the steps to complete the online form;
- Access Ecobank Ghana Card Update Portal
- Complete the form with the following details
- Account Number
- Account Name
- Ghana Card Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- An SMS will be sent via Email or Phone Number
- Upload front and back photos of your Ghana Card
- Take a Passport Photo size selfie
- Tap on the Submit button to submit the completed form.
Merge your Ghana Card with Ecobank
- Explore the direct URL via https://myghanacardupdate.ecobank.com/portal/