Flashing an Android phone using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and Fastboot tools. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of flashing an Android phone using these specific tools, ensuring a successful and seamless experience.
How to Flash your Andriod Phone
Step 1: Backup Your Data Before starting the flashing process
Step 2: Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer
Follow the steps below to install your ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Visit getdroidtips website on your computer
- Download the appropriate version of the platform tools for your operating system (Windows, macOS, or Linux)
- Extract the downloaded file to a location on your computer
Step 3: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Android device
- On your phone, go to Settings > About phone
- Tap on the Build number seven times to enable Developer options.
- Go back to the main settings menu and select Developer options
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking
Note: The exact steps to enable these options may vary depending on your Android version and device manufacturer.
Step 4: Connect Your Phone to the Computer Using a USB cable
Read Also: How To Restart iPhone
Step 5: Enter Fastboot Mode on your Android phone
Follow the steps below to enter Fastboot Tool
- Power off your device completely
- Press and hold the specific key combination required to enter Fastboot mode
- This combination varies based on the device manufacturer
- Common key combinations include Power + Volume Down or Power + Volume Up
Note: If you are unsure about the key combination for your specific device, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation or search online for the correct method.
Step 6: Verify Device Connection
Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and type the following command
Command: adb devices
This command will display a list of connected devices. If your device appears on the list with a unique identifier, it means your phone is successfully connected to the computer.
Step 7: Flash the Firmware your Android phone
Follow these steps
- Place the firmware file in the same folder where you extracted the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- In the command prompt or terminal window, enter the following command to enter Fastboot mode:
Command: adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone is in Fastboot mode, execute the following command to flash the firmware:
Command: fastboot flash <firmware_filename>.img
<firmware_filename> with the actual name of the firmware file.
Step 8: Wait for the Flashing Process to Complete The flashing process may take a few minutes
Note: Do not disconnect your phone or interrupt the process until it is complete.
Step 9: Reboot Your Phone After the flashing process is complete, with the following command;
Command: fastboot reboot