How to Check Your CAO Application Status 2023. Applicants can now check their CAO application status 2023/2024 online through the CAO Online Application portal.
About Central Applications Office (CAO)
The Central Applications Office (CAO) is the only organization authorized to recruit and process applications for admissions to the Durban University of Technology (DUT), Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT), University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), University of Zululand (UNIZULU) and most private colleges in KwaZulu-Natal. The participating institutions reserve the right to make the final decisions about every applicant’s application.
How to check your CAO application status 2023
You can check the status of your Central Applications Office – CAO application online with the following guidelines;
- Visit the CAO application portal
- Select and enter one of the following identification numbers:
– CAO Number
– ID Number
– Passport Number
- Click on the Submit button
- Wait for the system to fetch and display the status of your CAO application
CAO Application Status Response and Meaning
Applicants can access the status of their CAO application online after successfully submitting their application. After a period of time, the Central Applications Office will make a decision on every application received and display the response in the applicant’s CAO account. Below are some possible responses that an applicant is likely to receive from the Central Applications Office and their meaning.
- Waiting for a Decision: The institution has not yet considered your application (This is the default application status).
- Late Application: This is a default status for applications received after the closing date.
- Awaiting Results: The institution is waiting for further results (e.g. June, Trial, or Final NSC results) before making a decision on your application.
- Conditional Offer: The institution will accept you provided that you meet the requirements.
- Firm Offer: You are offered a place by the institution. This may be withdrawn if you do not indicate that you want to accept the place or if your final results are not as good as your earlier results.
- Has Not Met Programme Ranking Criteria: You do not meet the institution’s specific criteria. Refer to the institutions’ prospectus for further information. You may complete a Change of Mind Request Form on which you can change the programme ranking.
- Interview/Audition/Portfolio: The programme has _ special selection procedures. Institutions should contact you with details of the date, time and venue. You may need to follow up with the institution directly.
- Please Supply Academic Record: The institution requires a copy of your academic record from your current or previous study at the tertiary level.
- Please Supply USAf/SAQA Evaluation: The institution requires a Universities South Africa (USAf)/SAQA evaluation of the foreign exam results you may have written.
- Refer for Decision: The application has to be assessed before the ‘status can be changed.
- Short-listed, Standby and Wait-listed: The institution is considering your application but has not yet decided whether they will be able to offer you a place.
- Unsuccessful Following Placement Test/Interview: The institution has decided not to offer you a place following the entrance test you wrote or the interview you attended. There are also a number of messages the institution can use to tell you that they are unable to offer you a place.
CAO Contact Details
Prospective students can contact the CAO directly, either online contact via social media/email. Or using the phone number below.
- CAO Address: Mary Thiphe Street (formerly corner of Francois and Cato Manor Roads), Cato Manor, Durban
- CAO Contact Number: (031) 268 4444 or Share Call: 086 0860 CAO / 086 0860 226
- Contact Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30
- CAO Email address: [email protected]