How to Check Matric Results Online. NSC Matric Results for the 2023 year batch have been released. In this post, we have outlined all the needed guidelines for candidates to check their Matric results using any of the five (5) channels that have been provided by the Department of Basic Education (DBE) to be used by candidates to check their NSC Statement of results.
Five Simple Ways to check your Matric Result
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has made it easy for candidates to check their NSC Matric Results using the following channels;
- Department of Basic Education NSC Online Portal
- USSD Shortcode
- Candidate’s School
- News Publication
How to check matric results online 2023
Candidates can check their Matric results online using the online portal with these guidelines;
- Visit the Department of Basic Education Online portal via www.education.gov.za
- Scroll down to the quick links section
- Click on the Examination Results Link
- Select the 2023 Senior Certificate (SC) Exam Results and click on the link
- Enter your examination number
- Click on the search button
- Wait for the system to load and display your statement of result
- Download and print your result
How to check IEB Matric online results
Students can check their Matric Results online with the Independent Examination Board (IEB) Result portal. Visit the IEB portal via www.ieb-online.co.za/asp/login.aspx Enter your examination number and your date of birth. Click on the submit button and wait for your Matric Statement of result to be displayed. You can then download and print out your statement of result.
How to check Matric Result via SMS on the phone
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) also allows students to check their matric results on the phone by sending an SMS to 35658 with the student exam number as the message content. Your Matric result will be sent to your phone within a few minutes. Note: There may be charges from your network provider with this option.
Check Matric Result with USSD shortcode
Students can check their Matric result with a shortcode on the phone by dialing the shortcode *120*35658#. Follow these guidelines to complete the process;
- Dial the shortcode *120*35658# on your phone
- Enter your student Examination number
- Confirm your student number and send
- An SMS will be sent to your phone with the content of your Matric statement of result
Other Ways to check your Matric Result
Students may also visit their school’s administration or academic affairs department to make a request for their Matric Statement of results.
Department of Basic Education Contact
- Address: 222 Struben Street, Pretoria
- Call Centre: 0800 202 933 | [email protected]
- Switchboard: 012 357 3000