HELB Civil Servants TRF Loan 2023. Explore the HELB Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund – TRF online application procedures using the guidelines in this post. Learn about the eligibility requirements, application procedures, and funding information.
About the Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund(TRF)
The Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund was set aside by the Ministry of Public Service works in collaboration with HELB for Civil Servants in the National Government, County Governments, and National Police Service to pursue postgraduate studies.
Eligibility Requirements for HELB TRF Loan
To be eligible for the Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund (TRF) loan, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Applicant must be a civil servant employee of a Ministry, County government, or National Police service.
- The course applied for must be relevant and among those identified as critical.
- Have the ability to commence repayment of borrowed funds immediately after disbursement as per the 1/3rd rule requirement under the Service Regulations.
- Have the ability to repay borrowed funds within the stipulated period.
- Previous beneficiaries of HELB loans should have completed repayment or have been servicing the loan for at least six (6) months.
- The loan must be used for postgraduate studies only.
Documents required for HELB TRF Loan Application
Applicants eligible for the HELB Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund -TRF loan must provide the following documents during the application process;
- Certified copy of the applicant’s National Identification Card.
- Copies of 3 months’ latest pay slips with a net pay above 1/3 of basic pay (certified by employer)
- Copy of Admission letter from a recognized university or training institution in Kenya.
- A recommendation letter from the employer signed by the Accounting Officer or designated officer indicating the approved course, personal number, and designation of the officer proceeding for training.
- Certified copies of national IDs of guarantors who must be serving officers in a Ministry/Department/County Government.
- Certified copy of KRA PIN
- Recent colored passport-size photographs.
HELB Civil Servants TRF Loan Funding
The Fund shall consider applications for courses that cost between Kenya shillings thirty thousand (Kshs.30,000.00) and five hundred thousand (Kshs.500,000.00) per year subject to the ability to pay. Funding considerations will include:
- The award of funds for courses shall be restricted to costs related to tuition, examination, library, computer and research.
- Fees for accommodation and tuition or residential short courses will be treated as one item (where applicable) for the purpose of funding.
- Ensuring no one shall benefit more than once from the fund at the same time.
- Successful completion of the course should be within the stipulated period.
- The TRF will not meet expenses occasioned by the repetition of courses.
- Courses offered in local training institutions.
- Application for further funding upon proven reasonable grounds.
- Where beneficiaries exit the public service further disbursements will cease.
How to apply for HELB Civil Servants TRF Loan Funding
Follow these guidelines to apply for the HELB Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund (TRF) Loan online;
- Visit the HELB Application Portal via www.helb.co.ke
- Create a HELB account with your details and login
- Fill out the Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund Loan application form
- Upload all the required supporting documents and submit your application
- Allow for 30 days for your loan to be processed
Important Notice about HELB TFR Loan Funds
- Application for the Civil Servants Training Revolving Fund Loan is completely free and does not require applicants to make any payment.
- The maximum loan amount per applicant is ksh.500,000 per year.
- All HELB TFR Loan applicants are required to repay their loan within 72 months after studies by check-off.
- Interest charged is 4% per year on reducing balance.