How to Apply for HEF Scholarship and Loan 2023. The Higher Education Financing – HEF scholarships and loans for TVET and University students is still in progress. Interested and qualified students are required to create a HEF applicant account and submit their applications on the HEF Student Portal.
Requirements HEF Loans and Scholarships Online Application
- A valid email address
- Valid telephone number (NB: Must be registered in your name to apply for a loan)
- KCPE and KCSE index numbers and year of examination
- Passport size photo
- Copy of your National ID (for loan application)
- College/University admission letter
- Your parents’ registered telephone number
- Your parents’ national ID number
- Death certificate if any of your parents are deceased.
- Your birth certificate.
- Two guarantors’ (Can be your parents) ID numbers and registered telephone numbers (for loan application)
- Copy of the sponsorship letter if you were sponsored in Secondary school.
How to Apply for HEF Scholarships and Loans Online
Follow these procedures to submit your application for the new funding model (NFM) after creating your student account;
- Log into your HEF Portal with your username and password (
- Enter your phone number and click on send verification code button
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone and click on (NB: Click on the resend button if your code expires)
- Fill out your student profile and update your bio-data with all the required details
- Enter your primary and secondary school details
- Fill out the details of your institution and upload your admission letter
- Fill out your parents’ details
- Tick the Helb Loans or Scholarship checkbox depending on your preference
- Click on the Save and Submit button to proceed
- Enter your ID number and Firstname as indicated on your National ID
- Select the type of ID (ie. Kenya ID, Foreign ID)
- Click on the validate button to confirm
- Click on the loan product you want to apply
- Enter the details of your guarantor
- A verification code will be sent to your guarantor’s phone for confirmation
- Enter this verification code into the input field to proceed
- Preview your application entries to ensure there are no errors (NB: Changes cannot be made once your application is submitted)
- Click on the submit button to complete the application process
- Congratulations, Your application should now be completed successfully
HEF Scholarship Application Closing Date 2023
The Higher Education Loan application has been scheduled to begin on the 31st of July 2023 and come to a close on the 7th of September, 2023.