Learn how to Apply for GES Study Leave with Pay for the 2023/2024 session. The first stage of your GES study leave with a pay application is to check your eligibility.
This will determine if you are qualified for the study leave program. Secondly, check if your course of study has been approved and listed for the 2023 study leave. Finally, make available all the required documents for your study leave application.
Eligibility For GES Study Leave With Pay 2023
Applicants with the Ghana Education Services (GES) must meet the following eligibility conditions in order to be eligible for a study leave with pay for the 2023/2024 applications;
- Applicant must serve a minimum of three (3) years after completing the College of Education
- A GES staff who served two (2) years in a deprived district/school is eligible.
- The qualified applicant must pursue an approved recognized GES course as determined by the Director-General of the Ghana Education Service.
- Staff pursuing second and third degrees do not qualify for study with pay but could pursue sandwich or distance programmes.
- Teachers who have attained the GES ranks of Principal Superintendent through sandwich and Distance courses do not qualify for study leave with pay.
- GES staff who are fifty-five years and above do not qualify for study leave with pay.
- A Staff shall be eligible for Study Leave With Pay subject to the following:
- Good conduct and performance
- Recommendation by immediate supervisor
- Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
- A staff of the GES who vacates or leaves the service and is re-appointed/re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for Study Leave With Pay
How to apply for GES Application for Study Leave with Pay
The following procedures will guide you on how to obtain the GES study leave forms and submit your study leave with pay application for the 2023/2024 batch.
- Acquire an application form from your Metro/Municipal/District Education Office.
- Complete the application forms (4 copies of the form)
- Attach certified true copies of your certificate(s).
- Submitted your application to the Regional Director through your Metro/Municipal/District Director/Head of Institution (2nd Cycle).
- The Regional/District Directors should ensure that the list of all fully qualified beneficiaries reaches the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) G.E.S. Headquarters before Tuesday, 31st October, 2023
Documents Required for GES Study Leave Application
You will be required to submit copies of the following documents during your GES study leave application;
- Updated Personal Record Form with a passport picture
- First appointment letter
- Confirmation letter
- Certificates (BECE, WASSCE & DBE)
- Birth Certificate
- SSNIT Card
Download GES Study leave application form 2023
Deadline for GES study leave with pay application 2023
The closing date to submit your GES study leave application for 2023/2024 batch is Tuesday 31st October 2023. All applicants are adviced to submit their applications on time because applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
- UCC Mature Students Degree Programmes and Forms
- UCC Sandwich Programmes & Admission Requirements
- UEW Courses and Cut off points
- UEW Distance Courses and Admission Requirements
- AAMUSTED Courses
- UEW Masters Programmes – Regular Session
- UEW Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes
- KNUST Undergraduate Programmes and Cutoff Points
- UDS Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes
- Valley View University Education Courses and Requirements