Ghana Customs Service Entry Requirements. Below are the Ghana customs service entry requirements and how to Fill Ghana Customs Service Application Form Online. We shall also take a look at the required documents for the Ghana CEPS application process.
About the Ghana Customs Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS)
The Ghana Custom Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS) was established to regulate, monitor and assess all export and import activities in and out of Ghana. The Ghana Customs was previously an independent institution but now serves as a security unit of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA).
Duties of the Ghana Customs Service
Below are the duties of the Ghana Customs Service
- Mobilization of revenue from imports and exports
- Facilitation of legitimate trade
- Provision of public security and safety
Read Also: New Ghana Armed Forces Entry Requirements
Requirements for the Ghana Customs Service Recruitment
Below are the entry requirements needed for the recruitment of applicants into the Ghana customs service
- An applicant must have qualifications on either SSCE or GCE or HND or B.Sc as its certificate.
- An applicant I. E Superintendent Cadre must not be more than the age bracket of 18 to 35 years.
- An applicant’s certificate must be acquired from well Approved and reputable government institutions.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall for males and 1.65 meters tall for females.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 subject Credits including English and Mathematics in either of the following certificates SSCE or WASSCE.
- Applicants must also have a General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit and must not have any record of criminal Arts in him or them.
- Applicants that have any form of disability should not apply.
Required Documents for Ghana Customs Service Application
Applicants are required to upload the following documents when applying for Ghana Custom Excise and Preventive Service recruitment application online.
- Scanned copies of your Ghana Card (NIA Card)
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A Scanned copy of your WASSCE or SSCE Certificate
Read Also: Ghana Customs Ranks and Symbols
How to Fill Ghana Customs Service Application Form Online
Here are the required documents for the Ghana Customs Service Application Form online
- visit the GRA recruitment portal via www.gra.gov.gh
- Navigate to the Ghana CEPS recruitment forms page
- Fill out the application form with all required details such as your full name, date of birth, phone number, email, etc.
- Upload all the required Ghana Custom Service application documents
- Click on the submit button after filling out all the necessary forms
- Print out the following required documents ( local government attestation form, acknowledgment form, guardian or parental consent form)
Read Also: Ghana Immigration Service Ranks and Salary
Questions and Answers about the Ghana Customs Service
- What is the duration of Ghana CustomS Service training? Customs Training School in Ghana for 24 weeks
- Is Ghana Revenue Authority the same as CEPS? No. The Ghana Customs Service is a unit of the Ghana Revenue authority that is responsible for tax issues at the various ports of entry in Ghana.
- How much is customs ranks and salary in Ghana? The salary range for the majority of workers in Customs and border inspectors – is from GH₵703 to GH₵4,521 per month depending on the officer’s rank as at 2023.
Ghana Customs Service Contact Information
- Location: Off Starlets’ 91 Road, near Accra Sports Stadium
- Postal: P. O. Box 2202, Accra-Ghana
- Telephone: +233- (0) 302 904545 OR +233- (0) 302 904546
- Email: [email protected]