Central University Entry Requirements, Programs offered, Fees and Admission Form. Central University is an educational Initiative of the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC). It has its origins in a short-term Pastoral training institute, which was started in October 1988 by ICGC. Below is all the information you will need when applying for studies at Central University.
General Entry Requirements
An applicant must have credit passes (A1-C6) in core English, core Mathematics, and either core Integrated Science or Social Studies and three elective subjects, with an overall aggregate score of Thirty-six (36) or better. In addition, candidates must satisfy the specific requirements of the relevant Faculty/School.
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE).
An applicant must have credit passes (A-D) in core English, core Mathematics and either core Science or Social Studies and three elective subjects, with an overall aggregate score of Twenty-four (24) or better. In addition, candidates must satisfy the specific requirements of the relevant faculty/school. Entry is at Level 100.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary and Advanced Levels
An applicant must have at least credit passes in 5 subjects (including English Language and Mathematics at the GCE Ordinary Level and at least 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. One of the Advanced Level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained. Entry is at Level 100.
Professional qualifications/Tertiary Diplomas (Entry at levels 200 and 300)
The level of placement of professional certificate and tertiary level diploma holders will depend on the assessment of their certificates or diplomas in relation to the programme desired. All professional certificate and tertiary level diploma holders must have either G.C.E. “O” Level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics or SSSCE/WASSCE credit passes in English Language and Core Mathematics to qualify for admission. The placement level of candidates will depend on the assessment of their certificates by the relevant Faculty/School or Department.
Mature Students’ Entrance
The candidate must be at least 25 years old by 31st December of the year preceding the examination. A certified copy of the birth certificate is required. The date of issue of the birth certificate should not be less than five years from the date of the completion of the admission forms. The submission of fraudulent certificates is grounds for withdrawal at any point in a student’s enrolment.
Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations consist of a General Paper for all candidates and two papers in the area(s) of specialization desired.
Foreign applicants must have qualifications equivalent to the above to be considered for admission. Their results must also be translated into English and they should be able to read and write in English. Additionally, all foreign certificates are validated by the National Accreditation Board. Applicants may also be required to pass an entrance examination/interview.
In addition to the general admission requirements, Schools, Faculties and Departments may have special entry requirements. The academic catalogues of the Schools and Faculties must be consulted for up-to-date information.
Pentecost University courses, entry requirements, fees and admission form
Entry requirements for Diploma programmes
To be admitted to a Diploma programme, a candidate must satisfy the following minimum requirements besides conditions stipulated for the particular programme:
Six (6) passes A-D in all subjects, including English and Mathematics
For areas of specialization, three (3) of the passes must be in relevant subjects
Six (6) passes (A1 – D7) in all subjects, three (3) of which should be credit passes (C6) or better. It must be noted that certain subjects may require credit passes in other relevant subjects.
Central University Undergraduate Programs
FACULTY OF LAW
- Bachelor of Laws
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in French
CENTRAL BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with options in:
- Human Resource Management and Accounting
SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
- Doctor of Pharmacy
SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Design
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistantship
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
How to Apply
Central University Online Application Process
Applicants may also apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO
- Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
- All Online applicants are required to present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.
Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
Note: A FORM ONCE SUBMITTED CAN ONLY BE VIEWED BUT CAN NOT BE EDITED.
Central University Paper Application Process
Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded here and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded here. ATHE DIPLOMA application forms may be downloaded HERE.
REFERENCE FORMS FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION ARE ALSO AVAILABLE BELOW
Referee’s Confidential Appraisal Form (Academic)
Referee’s Confidential Appraisal Form (Professional)
An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
- A completed Application Form
- An official Results Slip/Certificate
- Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer forms to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand-delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call our Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or
email: [email protected]
Fees and Payment Policies
For a list of the latest fees for all Central University Programs kindly check them using the links below.
- Click here to view Fees For 2021-2022 (FRESHERS)-L100 CBS & Social Sciences
- Click here to view Fees For 2021-2022 Academic Year (FRESHERS)-L 100 Sciences